Buy BC and Support Local During COVID-19
When you Buy BC, you support the local farmers and producers who bring it to us. There’s never been a more important time to Buy BC and enjoy fresh, high-quality food from here at home. Buy BC to support local restaurants, farmers and food producers during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Support Local Restaurants:
Here are ways to Buy BC and support local restaurants:
- Dine at restaurants that are open
- Order take-out, drive thru or use food delivery services
- Purchase a restaurant gift card for a friend, or to use later
- Choose local products whenever you can
- Support B.C. restaurants and businesses on social media
Find Take-Out and Delivery Restaurants in BC:
- Breaking Bread: Participating Restaurants Learn more.
Support BC Farmers’ Markets:
Buy BC online and in-person! Find a local farmers’ markets near you. Learn more.
Buy BC Online and Support BC Farmers and Food Producers:
Whether you’re a consumer in search of local food, or a farmer or food processor looking to sell your product, this list of e-commerce food platforms has you covered! Learn more
Plant Something BC:
Plants provide various benefits to humans, and with an increasing amount of time spent at home, plants and flowers in our homes and yards can improve our moods and connect us to the natural environment. Plant Something BC promotes the benefits of buying local grown plants to aspiring and experienced gardeners of all ages. Learn more.
Additional COVID-19 resources relating to BC agriculture & seafood:
BC Provincial News:
- Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Fisheries Response to COVID-19 Learn more.
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Food Safety for the Public Learn more.
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Food Businesses Learn more.
Councils and Associations:
- BC Food Processors Association: Job Marketplace Learn more.
When You Buy BC, You Support British Columbians
Support the people who grow our finest fruits and veggies, make your favourite food and beverage products, bring us fresh seafood and so much more! Meet the people who are responsible for getting local food to our tables. Learn more.