Buy BC and support local restaurants, farmers, and food producers during the COVID-19 pandemic
Support Local Restaurants:
- Dine-in at restaurants that are now open
- Order take-out, drive thru or use food delivery services
- Purchase a restaurant gift card for a friend, or to use later
- Choose local products whenever you can
- Support B.C. restaurants and businesses on social media
The BC government has also temporarily allowed restaurants to deliver liquor products with the purchase of a meal to help support workers in the restaurant industry, and so British Columbians can still enjoy beverages like B.C. beer, cider, wine and spirits that are part of their usual dining experience. Learn more.
Find Take-Out and Delivery Restaurants in BC:
- Breaking Bread: Participating Restaurants Learn more.
- EAT Magazine: EAT’s Guide to Restaurant Take-out and Delivery Learn more.
Support BC Farmers’ Markets:
Did you know that BC Farmers’ Market Association is helping member markets set-up an online model in addition to physical markets? Find an online farmers’ markets near you. Learn more.
Buy BC Online and Support BC Farmers and Food Producers:
Whether you’re a consumer in search of local food, or a farmer or food processor looking to sell your product, this list of e-commerce food platforms has you covered! Learn more
Plant Something BC:
Plants provide various benefits to humans, and with an increasing amount of time spent at home, plants and flowers in our homes and yards can improve our moods and connect us to the natural environment. Plant Something BC promotes the benefits of buying local grown plants to aspiring and experienced gardeners of all ages. Learn more.
Kwantlen Polytechnic University, Institute for Sustainable Food Systems Survey:
BC residents! Researchers from KPU’s Institute for Sustainable Food Systems want to hear about your food purchasing experience during the COVID-19 pandemic. Please take the 15-minute survey and help generate new knowledge on how pandemics affect one of our basic needs – food. Learn more.
Postmedia: Local Marketing Grant Program:
Postmedia Supports is offering a Local Marketing Grant Program as another way to strengthen communities and help boost economic growth, one business at a time. Learn more.
Additional COVID-19 resources relating to BC agriculture & seafood:
BC Provincial News:
- Buy BC e-commerce brings local foods, beverages online Learn more.
- Online digital marketing training to help people, businesses succeed Learn more.
- BC Farmers’ Markets Online opening soon Learn more.
- The Ministry of Agriculture’s Response to COVID-19 Learn more.
- Guidance to retail food and grocery stores operating during COVID-19 Learn more.
- Delivery of packaged liquor from restaurants, pubs extended Learn more.
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Farmers’ Markets Learn more.
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Food Safety for the Public Learn more.
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Food Businesses Learn more.
- BC Centre for Disease Control: Community Gardens Learn more.
Councils and Associations:
- Ag Tech Talks: Free Information for the Food Industry Learn more.
- BC Food Processors Association: Job Marketplace Learn more.