About the Event
Every Chef Needs a Farmer, Every Farmer Needs a Chef is an annual networking event for members of B.C.’s food and beverage industry to create more opportunities to bring B.C. food to plates around the province.
The third Every Chef Needs a Farmer, Every Farmer Needs a Chef event is welcoming back farmers, chefs and food service professionals after a three-year hiatus. This time, the event was held in Victoria on November 7, 2022 at the Church & State Winery.
This event is a great opportunity for chefs to learn more about the amazing ingredients and products available in their region, and for farmers, ranchers, and other producers to showcase their products and connect directly with chefs to better understand what products are in high demand.
- Producers of all sizes and all crops, livestock and other agriculture and seafood products interested in selling directly to restaurants
- Food and beverage processors interested in selling directly to restaurants
- Chefs, cooks and restauranteurs, Industry associations and non-profit organizations
- Culinary institutions
- Other members of the food and beverage industry
This event provides you with an opportunity to:
- Network with and hear from passionate chefs, farmers and members of the food and beverage industry during the panel and speaker sessions
- Meet with 20+ exhibitors and find new innovative products grown or produced in your region
- Access new markets by establishing direct sales routes from farms to restaurants/food service establishments
- Enhance the awareness of your products to chefs in your region
- Sample delicious food during the reception made with ingredients from local farmers
The event is part of the Ministry of Agriculture and Food’s Buy BC program. Buy BC helps farmers, ranchers and producers market their products as locally-grown, raised and produced. This makes it easy for British Columbians to identify and purchase local products from across the province.