Chef Laura Moore
- 2 tsp vegetable oil
- 2/3 cup B.C. yellow onions, chopped in 2 inch half moons
- 1 ½ cups B.C. carrots, 1 ½ inch bias cut
- 1 ½ cups B.C. broccoli, 1 ½ inch florets
- 3/4 cup B.C. celery, bias cut
- 3/4 cup bok choy, chopped
- 1 cup sugar snap peas
- 1 medium B.C. sweet bell pepper, cored and cut into strips
- 8 medium B.C. brown or white mushrooms, washed and sliced
- 1 tsp high temperature vegetable oil
- 1 tbsp B.C. garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, peeled and minced
- 16 large (or 20 medium sized) B.C. prawns or 1 package firm B.C. tofu
- 1 tsp of lemon or lime juice
- 1/2 tsp coriander, ground
- 1/2 tsp cumin, ground
- 1/2 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1/4 cup gluten-free soy or tamari sauce
- 2 tsp arrowroot or cornstarch powder
- 1/4 cup B.C. green onions, chopped
- Heat 1 tsp of oil in medium-large frying pan or wok. Once oil is hot add B.C. yellow onions and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add B.C. carrots and broccoli and cook for another 2-3 minutes until golden brown.
- Transfer to heat-proof bowl and cover to keep warm.
- To the same wok or pan, add 1 tsp of oil, B.C. celery, bok choy, sugar snap peas, B.C. sweet bell pepper, and B.C. mushrooms. Cook on high until golden and vegetables are tender-crisp. Transfer vegetables to same heat-proof bowl with other veggies, cover and keep warm while you cook proteins.
- Whisk together chicken or veggie broth, gluten-free soy OR tamari sauce, and arrowroot or corn-starch. Pour into hot saute pan and bring to a simmer over medium heat until sauce is thick. Remove from heat.
- Heat vegetable oil in the same pan or wok and add B.C. garlic and ginger. Saute 2-3 minutes over medium heat, until garlic and ginger start to brown. Add B.C. prawns or B.C. tofu and cook in seasonings for a couple minutes on each side, over medium-high heat, until golden brown.
- When protein is golden and just about fully cooked, add lemon or lime juice, coriander, and cumin, and cook for another minute. Transfer cooked protein to bowl with cooked vegetables and pour sauce over cooked vegetables and protein. Toss well.
- Serve vegetables and protein over Asian noodles or rice and garnish with chopped B.C. green onions.